Coping Mechanism - By Akshat Rassay



Music through my ears

So many harsh things
floating in the air
they are invisible
like music
but music is fair
They give me stress,
at times I fear
it varies from mild
to somewhat severe
but music is there.

Music is there to 
rescue me from the
clutches of anxiety
from a bad mood
to uplift me, calm me
It gives me cheer
It gives me hope
like chatting with mum
like writing things down
Music helps me cope.

By, Anagha Jawalekar

One fine day, when I and Akshat were conversing, he mentioned that music helps him to cope. Although, I know about it very well, I thought why not discuss about it in detail. And I started discussing with him on 'coping mechanism'.

The whole discussion was in the form of questions and answers but when we ended it, I found that it could make a good writeup on the topic, so I just put together all the Akshat's answers and here is his first writeup on 'coping mechanism'.

We started it in November, left in between and then finished it just a few days back...

Coping Mechanism
By Akshat Rassay

Coping mechanism is a technique to train the mind for coping with any fearful, anxious, serious condition.

my coping mechanism is listening songs on youtube. It gives me uninterrupted mood energy to cope with any anxiety. Music has rhythms that strike mood and gives better feelings. There has to be music no matter its kind. That is when no mobile is there.

I choose my songs on mobile doing great search. My criteria of selecting a song depends on mood. It also depends on any anxiety I am having. When there is no music then feelings are so weird. I listen songs in high volume because high volume feel more soothing. Listening songs is my favourite interest.  It became my coping mechanism too.

Following the interest and pursuing a hobby gives cheer, good mood. Apart from music, I love doing conversation with mamma, writing poems.

Conversations and writing poems provide thinking opportunities leading to a mature mind.

Comments

  1. Great conversation. Very nicely expressed by Akshat. Even Siddharth loves listening to music. When he is happy sings with it. I will read this for him. He can relate with this I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Ma'am...Would love to know Siddharth's feedback

      Delete
  2. Interesting to know loud music can be soothing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I wonder how loud music can be soothing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Akshat loves music we all know and so beautifully and from his heart he has mentioned it calms him down, and yes I agree about loud music, it really helps me too..Akshat proud of you always..🥰🥰🫠

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well expressed by Akshat as always. I think even my son prefers loud music inspite of having auditory sensitivity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Introduction

Experimenting with Online Classes