Where to go - The Missing Vocational Path

 What's in Store?

I am not going to college

No degree, or convocation

My mind is wandering off

thinking of what vocation

It never really settles down

on any one thing or two

Sometimes wish I could

have a lady love too...

What should I pursue?

For which motivation will

stay on - I got no clue...

The search goes on and on

Could write as an option, and

I do when have to express me

but upon being forced to do it

my focus keeps stumbling

In music I find meaning

songs inspire me for long

Why, if I get a hint of purpose

someday, hidden in a song...

By, Anagha Jawalekar


Inconsistency is a major issue, which hampers overall productivity. Every work require some kind of efforts and sometimes, he does not want to put that effort. Even the simplest ones. Anxiety and ‘mood swings’ makes the work more challenging as he wants to finish everything as fast as possible and do not focus on the quality of the work done.

I am focussing to build an opportunity in every possible area, that he shows interest in, and which is within my reach (resource wise). My main purpose is now that he should be independent in his daily routine, can express himself independently with more and more people, and have important functional skills.


Sharing a conversation which we had last week. When I talked to him on this topic, he seemed to engrossed with the emotion. Within a week situation has changed and his focus is shifting (will talk about that in the next post)

I have to be cautious while explaining him as his understanding is still in black and white. I try to explain in best possible ways but these kind of conversations put me in dilemma.

The conversation...

9-7-22

M. Yesterday, you were saying something to Suhasini in the session…

A. hmm…that I am feeling attraction towards girls.

M. Hmm…Its ok…It is natural in your age but I remember I asked you about this sometimes back and you told me that you are not feeling anything like this…

Seems a change now…

A.The thing is that thoughts are dynamic.

M. Ohhk…What do you mean by ‘dynamic’…

A. dynamic means changing.

M. Yes…right…thoughts keeps on changing.

A. Yes.

M. And that’s why you watch romantic songs these days…

A. Yes.

M. what else do you feel about it…

A. I feel that there is a deep thought of marriage.

M. Haha…It is natural but too early to think something like this….

Marriage requires consent of both the boy and the girl. Therefore, you will need a girl who should like you and ready to be your life partner…

Firstly, you need to become responsible towards yourself and others…

Secondly and more importantly, marriage is not everything in life.

A person should have a ‘goal’ or a ‘purpose’ in life with which he/she can lead life meaningfully.

A.    Ok… I will consider this.

ss  Ending the post with one of his poems, which he wrote last month. I helped him with rhyming words and synonyms.

          4-6-22

                                                            Mood

                                    With so many variation going in the mind

                                    Thoughts cannot be lined.

                                    They need to be sorted

                                    To have the feelings undistorted

                                    The valour is deeply catching on

                                    To catch the mood con

                                    Akshat Rassay



Comments

  1. Conversation between Akshat and you gives picture of future .. Akshat 's views and opinions are very much meaningful ..love the bond between both of you.. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Pratiksha...I hope the blog and Akshat's insights will help in spreading the autism awareness, specially towards non speaking autistics...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Introduction

Experimenting with Online Classes

Coping Mechanism - By Akshat Rassay