Vital, Significant & Less Significant

 Hello readers, 

Sharing a post almost after a month... We have been busy with Talking Fingers book's online promotion for past several weeks...And then the April, World Autism Awareness Month, so it's been a busy schedule since past few weeks.

We were having conversations in between because that is something, we both miss, if it doesn't happen for a few days.

Apart from the recent conversations, I was just going through the older ones, and found one interesting activity that I did with Akshat. I remembered, those were the days when I was  dealing with his aggression and working on resilience building (still working).

Archita Ma'am suggested me to do this with him and we (Akshat and I) had a good conversation followed with the activity. 


Sharing the activity and the conversation...

So, I made a table with three columns named Vital, Significant and Less Significant respectively. I asked Akshat to name five things for each column. 

18-11-21

Vital

Significant

 

Less Significant

happiness

Mother

 

Love

 

Music

daddy

 

Mood

 

water

 

we

 

Medicine

 

mobile

 

interests

 

Boredom

 

breath

 

mingling

 

Tiredness

 


 After he filled the table, we discussed some of the answers he gave...Sharing that conversation...Will try to discuss other points sometime later...


M. Can you elaborate why ‘love’ is less significant…

A. Love is a nice emotion. But when it not tolerate other person, its significance reduce.

M. Hmm

M. My mood is significant for me as I work if my mood is there but you find it less significant…how come…

A. the significance of the mood depends on the dinner or lunch.

M. Ohh…You mean to say your mood depends on what you eat…

A. Yes.

M. So, what kind of food make you fresh and energetic and which food makes you feel dull…

A. well, tasty and crunchy food makes me fresh and energetic. Sweet and dairy products makes me dull.

M. But you really like paneer and some milk sweets…

A. Yes…can eat them but in minimum quantity.

M. Yes…I think, that’s a good idea…

M. Well, let’s discuss boredom…when I feel bore, I try to engage myself in something…

A. Yes…even I do that.

M. So, how do you engage yourself…

A. By listening music , watching tv.

M. And the last you have mentioned ‘tiredness’ as less significant…

A. Yess…because tiredness is directly come from body and gives certain harmful effects.

M. Ohhk...

Comments

  1. This is awesome. Beautiful definition for love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Akshat has very much deep understanding and good expression skill in terms of so many abstract concepts. It's all bcz of you Ritu mam. Keep blogging, love to read your posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so remarkable of Akshat to deduce that his moods depend on type of food intake and also the understanding that by eating in moderation or setting limits on certain foods, he can still enjoy them as well as beat the consequences. There is so much to learn from him! Keep blogging vahini👌👍
    Anagha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Introduction

Experimenting with Online Classes

Coping Mechanism - By Akshat Rassay